From time immemorial fermentation has been known to be the ideal method of food preservation.
That means that the perishable food can be stored for a little longer. This is enough reason why fermentation process is highly regarded. Many people do ferment their food but they have never cared to know what happens for the food to get the “acquired tastes”. I would not be surprised if you told me that you love fermented products. Of course they are so sweet; one cannot help but love them.
Advantages of Fermentation
- The process increases Vitamin intake; cooking food kills most of the important nutrients for instance vitamins. However fermentation synthesizes vitamins. This implies that uncooked food have high vitamin. In that case you body will be supplied with adequate amounts of vitamins.
- Enhance digestion; maybe it will surprise you to know that fermented foods ease digestion that means that you can barely develop indigestion problems. You can agree with me that an upset stomach is always such a nuisance. However fermentation sets things right in your tummy.
- Fermented foods have unique flavor profiles making those foods worth salivating. Cooks understand this pretty well.
- Fermenting foods is a simple undertaking, anyone can do it. No complexity giving everyone a chance to experiment the process. In addition it is cheap in comparison to store bought goods of the same quality. More so it is an enjoyable activity to indulge in. You will not only like carrying it out but you will love the flavor in the fermented food to death. They are the kind of food that can`t leave your mind a minute.
- It is interesting to know that this process have the magic to prolong the life span of your milk, veggies. That is more than you could ever ask for. You don`t have to worry in case you have a lot of milk in the store. If you ferment it, then you are free from any loss.